Tuesday, March 30, 2010

58 Hours To Go!

5 people = 10 checked bags + 5 carry on bags + 5 fit-below-the-seat-in-front-of you-bags.
Bags filled with medical supplies, LOTS of hand sanitizer, gifts & clothes for children & adults, snacks, bug spray, flashlights, water bottles, sun screen and passports.
We are meeting tomorrow to weigh the suitcases making sure that we do not go over the 50 pound limit and make sure that all medication is NOT expired & clearly labeled or we could have our entire medical supply confiscated! Getting SO excited now, getting very close! Trying not to be concerned about the well-being of my family while I am away; drama tends to "just happen".
So thankful for all the prayers we've received for the trip! Off to bed to get rest for a busy day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you...praying for you! I really relate to so, so much of the prep you write about; it really is very simimlar to my leaving for Nicaragua last year on the Wed before Easter. Did you know Haiti is the only country in the western hemisphere that is poorer than Nica? I can tell you from my experience being among the some of the poorest people in the world is nothing short of amazing. Prayers go with you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me!