Friday, March 19, 2010

Two Weeks From Today-What WAS I Thinking?


OK, so this picture is almost 7 years old now, it is still one of my favorites. Not just because the wind is gently blowing my hair in the right direction & I'm 25 pounds thinner but because it marks a time in my life when I was starting over. Starting a new marriage after the tragic end of another, starting a new career having just graduated with my Bachelor's degree in nursing and moving to the 'homeland' of my birth family to work and get to know them better and continue the mourning and healing of losing my brother, Mike. That was a long sentence. That was a lot to experience not to mention the pain, burden and guidance needed in connection to my boys and their future & healing. I just chatted online this morning with a wonderful friend who just arrived in Romania to work for 2 1/2 years. I am planning a trip for ONE week! This is no commitment in comparison to hers.
Still, who knows what this experience will open the door for me to? One day, one snapshot as we gaze into the future (and the wind), we can never know where life will take us.
Today I have decided to take a step of healing and pack some brand new clothes that have been waiting here for a little boy to wear and give them to Haitian boys who need them. God, please protect the little ones.
So, if I can type with tear-filled eyes I will finish by saying that I know I am already changed in just preparing for going to Haiti. Though I have never lived through an earthquake, I have experienced loss and deep pain. I look forward to embracing the hurting, hugging the lost and listening to the stories of heartache.
This was the journey that was waiting for me as I gazed into the future....

2 comments:

  1. God has done so much in your life - both in you and through you...and there is more to come of both.

    "Watching" you get ready for Haiti is very reminscient of my getting ready to spend a week in Nicaragua last year at this exact time. Amazing memories of all God did...

    Thanks for sharing-
    deb sp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend, a part of who I've become is because you were there, you listened, shared and guided me through hard times.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me!