Saturday, November 6, 2010

We Have Arrived!

We had an adventurous flight from Port au Prince. It was the smallest plane I've ever been on and then they said we were going to have turbulence on our way down to Cap Haitien. Wow! It was a little scary I will have to say. The plane was swaying in all directions and my stomache was turning in opposite directions, then the clouds cleared, I saw the ground and everything became smooth again... nice.
The only downside was that our luggage did not make it on this last leg of the trip. It will arrive at 8 tomorrow morning unfortunately not in time for the 6am service we are going to in the morning.
Tanner is feeling a little culture shock exactly how I felt when I was here in April. It has been great to see those I made friends with this spring and my Creole, what little I know, is coming back to me again.
So, tonight we are gathering what items we need to make it till our luggage comes tomorrow and just relaxing after our journey into Haiti, grateful to have arrived safely!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! That plane ride north from Port au Prince to Cap Haitien is not like anything else I have ever done. I was right behind the pilot, I could see the hairs in his ears. But hey, lots of people pay big money for a thrill like that in an expensive theme park, right? SuAnne, your prayers moved that hurricane off shore. I'm planning to send you my prayer list next. Karen Patterson

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me!