Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday at the School

We were up and on the road by 6am Thankfully I was already awake when my alarm went off mostly because of the roosters crowing. A quick stop at a fabulous Haitian bakery for breakfast and then to the school. The traffic was insane!
I worked with the nurse going into the primary grades to teach how and when to wash their hands and to cough and sneeze into their elbow; a new concept for them but SO important to prevent the spread of germs. Was able to offer some Tylenol and Ibuprofen that was donated for the trip to the nurse. For a school of 900 all she had was one bottle of Ibuprofen. Also was able to give her the band-aids I brought down for Tanner and I and the Pepto-Bismol tablets I also had for us. Once I saw how little she had it wasn't hard to give her what I can replace so easily.
Tanner worked with Rebekah going into the classes to teach English. I thinked he learned a lot today and everyone seemed to love him right away!
Will try to post some pictures of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me!